As a life-long resident of Durham Region, Joe and his wife Kim have raised three children. Joe has a unique combination of legal and business experience, together with a strong and trusted record as an elected representative for Clarington both at the municipal and regional government level, and as a school trustee. Joe advocates fearlessly for taxpayers, and at the same time has fought on behalf of residents on local issues, and will bring the same work ethic and passion for all Durham citizens to Queens Park.
Why Is Joe In The Race?
First off, Joe is in this race to win! Joe is a proven winner in both politics and business, with deeply held convictions that governments can not only be representative, but can truly run effectively and efficiently. Joe will tirelessly support the opportunities for our children to grow and succeed in Durham and within Ontario. Once and for all, Ontario’s status as a “have not” province must stop now. It’s a commitment that Joe does not hold lightly.
Joe’s Commitment To You
Durham’s economy must diversify, and become less reliant on large manufacturers. Small business will be the key driver for job growth and policies on taxation and electricity costs must not discourage growth. This is absolutely necessary for youth employment, as well as guaranteeing key services such as health care. As a Regional and Local Councillor, Joe has fought to make regional and local governments fiscally responsible, and keep taxes down to benefit our residents and businesses, and this same philosophy needs to become part of provincial policy. And Joe is committed to doing just that.
A Track Record of Success and Trust
- Regional Councillor Ward 1 and 2 Clarington, 2014 – Present
- Local Councillor Ward 1 Clarington, 2010 – 2014
- Lawyer at Neal & Mara, 1984 – Present
- President Mackie Moving Systems Corporation, 2003 – 2007
- Catholic School Board Trustee for Clarington, 1997 – 2003
- Chair of the Research Ethics Board, Lakeridge Health Corporation, 1999 – 2004
- Member of Board of Directors of Veridian, 2013 – 2014
- Clarington Museum Board, 2010 – 2014
- Energy From Waste – Waste Management Advisory Committee, 2010 – Present
- Courtice Rotary, 2011 – Present
- Home Base Durham, 2012 – Present